If you are looking for the next generation VHF/DSC then you don’t need to look any further than the Icom IC-M432. Alongside the optional HM-195 COMMANDMIC, the IC-M423 benefits from a new and much improved user interface which makes driving this Icom fixed wall mount incredibly simple. This VHF/DSC is compact to say the least and will easily fit into any console, its smaller size does it no way mean a loss of performance and it certainly packs a proverbial punch. Not only that, the Icom M423 is able to withstand submersion in up to meter of water for up to thirty, therefore it is equivalent to the IPX7 standard.
The IC-M423’s loud speaker boasts an audio output of 10W and it ensures that you will clearly hear your calls in the wildest of conditions. There is also a Public Address and Fog Horn function, that when attached to a hailer horn will expand the usefulness of the Icom M423.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the other features of the Icom M423 to demonstrate exactly what sets it apart from the competition. To make it that extra little bit easier, we have broken these features down into different sections for your convenience.
Background Nose is Reduced by up to 90%
One of the most innovative features of this VHF/DSC is its built-in bidirectional active noise canceller, which reduces background noise by up to 90% and offers a vast improvement in your transmitted voice and incoming calls. This is ideal for those times when the weather conditions are particularly harsh or when your engine is running.
New Marine Family Common User Interface
As you can see in the video below, the IC-M423 boasts an easy to use interface that will be incorporated into future Icom radio devices. Simple operation and navigation of the menu is ensured through the Marine Family User Interface, which provides simple operation for you.
10W Audio Output
There is a built-in 10W amplifier which enhances and increases the audio from an additional external speaker. The IC-M423 featurees a public address function that enables you to make an announcement from microphone just like a loud speaker, and the fog horn can also be emitted from the additional external speaker as well.
Built-in Class D DSC
There is a built-in DSC watch function which monitors Ch.70 (DSC channel) activity, even when you are receiving another channel. There are a variety of DSC functions including: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
Common GPS/NAV Interface
Your current position and time are displayed on the Icom M423’s display when it is connected to an external GPS receiver. NMEA 0183 connectivity enables you to transfer positional information from another vessel.
Compatible with Icom MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder
It is possible to integrate the IC-M423 with Icom’s MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder enabling you to transmit individual DSC calls to a selected vessel immediately without manual MMSI entry. This is essential if you are waiting to contact vessels on the AIS screen, which is, of course, an essential safety feature in an emergency.
Other features of the Icom M423 Fixed
• AquaQuake draining function
• Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
• Priority and normal scan
• Built-in attenuator for local communication
• Available in either black or white
More From ...Icom »
Fixed VHF »
Icom Fixed VHF »
At Mailspeed Marine we aim to offer you the best possible postage prices. See below our postage rates for UK mainland only:
|Region||Package Size||Free Delivery Over £100*||Supersaver Economy||Standard (2-3 Days)||Next Working Day|
|UK Mainland||Small Items||YES||3.95||4.95||8.95|
|UK Mainland||Standard Items||YES||5.95||6.95||8.95|
|UK Mainland||Heavy Items||NO||9.99||12.99||14.99|
|UK Mainland||Super Heavy Items||NO||24.99||26.99||28.99|
|UK Mainland||Flares (Hazardous)||NO||Supersaver - Please allow 3 working days for delivery = 17.99|
Please note: The table above excludes non-mainland postcodes along with European regions and ROW. For Europe and ROW delivery charges please telephone our customer services team for a quote on 01342 710618.
All deliveries from our courier require a signature and parcels are unable to be left at an address without one. For more information or if you have any questions please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Postage Terms:
- We can not ship to hotels or PO Box address
- If you are in a hurry, you can choose our express delivery option where we'll part ship your order if some items are in stock and some not, for a flat postage fee.You need to spend over £100 after any discount in 1 single purchase.
Our Free Delivery Offer:
- You need to spend over £100 after any discount in 1 single purchase.
- If you have claimed our offer we will deliver all your order in 1 delivery. If some of the items you have ordered are not in stock, this means you might need to wait a little longer.
- Your delivery address needs to be within the UK mainland (sorry, this excludes Highlands and Islands of Scotland)
- This offer excludes electronics items & hazardous products, including antifouling/paint, distress flares, life rafts, life jackets, batteries and some cleaning products.This offer is valid for orders up to 25kg in weight and 2.5m in length.
- All electronics and dinghies are excluded from the free delivery promotion. These products will be sent next day, fully tracked and insured. We are therefore adding a small charge to insure expensive items arrive safely and quickly. This means these products will now be excluded from the free delivery promotion.
- Items within our heavy, super heavy and flares categories are excluded from the free delivery promotion.
- Free delivery orders in stock have an estimated delivery time of 5-7 working days.
Next Working Day
Our next working day delivery option is available for orders placed before 2pm. Deliveries are then sent via courier with a tracking number for delivery 'next working day'. Please note weekends and bank holidays are not working days.
Please note that some items are recommended to be sent on a pallet such as fridges and cookers. This is due to high rate of damages by standard delivery. Our customer care team will contact you when items exceed the weight limit or items that are considered at a high risk of damage. You have the right to refuse a pallet upgrade and continue with standard delivery, however you will be liable for any damage that may be incurred during delivery. We will always add extra packaging no matter what method of transport such items are sent.Unfortunately larger dinghy & outboard engine packages (2.7m + above boats and 8hp + above engines) also incur a pallet surcharge due to their weight and size. This cannot be added at the checkout, a member of our sales team will contact you with a pallet delivery quote.
All returned items must be accompanied by our Returns Form. Please click here to download a copy of the Returns Form.
For information please call our returns team on 01342 710544
Products purchased between Monday 3rd November & 23rd December will benefit from an extended Christmas Return period. Please note items need to arrive with us before Friday 9th January to qualify. Returns in this period can ONLY be Exchanged or receive a Credit Note to use against a future order. The usual returns period applies for refunds. (14 days)
How To Return Goods:
1. Download and print the Mailspeed Marine Returns Form.
2. Complete all fields and provide as much information about your reason for return and the outcome you would like.
3. Please call our returns team on 01342 710544 if you are returning an incomplete, faulty or damaged item.
4. Re-package the goods, it is the customers responsibility to ensure that goods are returned to Mailspeed Marine in a re-saleable condition. Please note that if items are not considered to be in a resalable condition then a re-stocking fee may be charged.
5. Return the goods to the Mailspeed Marine Returns Department. We recommend that you use a tracked postal method to ensure delivery.
6. A Mailspeed Marine representative will contact you via email within 2-5 working days of receipt of the goods to conform the return.
7. Please allow a further 3-5 working days for replacement goods to be delivered or a refund to arrive in your account.
Returns Terms and Conditions:
ALL RETURNS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH A MAILSPEED MARINE RETURNS FORM.
· In accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 there is a cancellation period of 7 working days in which to cancel the order.
· Customers may return any item within 14 working days for a full refund or exchange providing the goods are in a re-merchantable condition, in the original packaging and with original labels still attached where applicable. All returned packages must include a completed Mailspeed Marine Returns Form. It is the customer’s responsibility to return the goods to Mailspeed Marine and we recommend you send via a method with proof of delivery. Return postage for goods that are correct as per the original order and are not faulty or damaged are returned at the customer’s expense. Mailspeed Marine reserve the right to refuse returns or make a partial refund at our discretion if items are not returned and received in an entirely re-merchantable condition.
· Items returned for an exchange that are correct as per the original order and are not faulty or damaged will incur a replacement carriage charge where applicable.
· If an item arrives damaged, the customer must report the damage to Mailspeed Marine within 7 working days of receipt of the item. We regret that we may not be able to offer a full refund if the damage is not reported within this time.
· If an item is faulty, the customer must report the fault to Mailspeed Marine immediately. All goods are subject to the manufacturers guarantee and in some circumstances, it may be more beneficial to deal with and send goods back direct to the manufacturer. Mailspeed Marine will advise the customer if this is the best course of action. We recommend that items are sent back using a tracked courier method especially for items with a value of £50 or more. Faulty items cannot be replaced until the manufacturer has agreed a replacement, please allow up to 31 days for this to be processed. If no faulty is found with the item, a service and postage charge may be applicable.
· If the customer decides to return items which have been made to suit personal requirements e.g. Rope, Chain or Webbing measured to 10 meters or more and they are correct as per the original order and there is no fault or damage to the item, a 30% handling charge will be incurred and deducted from the refund. Mailspeed Marine are unable to accept returns on these items measured to less than 10 meters unless incorrect product is sent or the item is faulty or damaged.
· Flares are a non-refundable product – If returned they will incur a 50% re-stocking fee and postage will not be refunded.
· Please allow 7-14 working days for returns to be processed from receipt at Mailspeed Marine. Please allow a further 3-5 working days for funds to arrive in your account where a refund is approved.
· This will not affect your statutory rights.